- NIMH Strategic Plan
This plan outlines the NIMH's commitment to continue the accelerated pace of scientific progress by generating, over the next 5 years, the best mental health research that will have the greatest public health impact and continue to fuel the transformation of mental health care.
- NIMH Research Domain Criteria (RDoC)
Strategy 1.4 of the NIMH Strategic Plan calls for the development, for research purposes, of new ways of classifying psychopathology based on dimensions of observable behavior and neurobiological measures. The Research Domain Criteria project (RDoC) has been launched by NIMH to implement this strategy. In brief, the effort is to define basic dimensions of functioning (such as fear circuitry or working memory) to be studied across multiple units of analysis, from genes to neural circuits to behaviors, cutting across disorders as traditionally defined. The intent is to translate rapid progress in basic neurobiological and behavioral research to an improved integrative understanding of psychopathology and the development of new and/or optimally matched treatments for mental disorders.
- All About Grants
Includes information on planning and writing grant applications and managing awards.
- NIH Home Page
Links to offices within the offices of the Director, as well as to Institute and Center websites, each of which provides valuable tools and insights into Institute specific areas of research emphasis.
- Getting Started at NIH
This site will guide your search for information with useful links to NIH and other Web sites.
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs for Clinical Researchers
- NIH "Welcome Wagon" Letter -- Information for New Grantee Organizations
This site provides information for new grantee organizations including information on requirements and provisions, electronic research administration, NIH grants and contracts, career opportunities, award data, and application instructions and forms.
- FY 2014 Funding Strategy For Research Grants
This page has updates regarding the shift from continuing resolution to ongoing funding.
- NIH Extramural Nexus
This link directs you to the home of the bimonthly report from the NIH Office of Extramural Research.
- NIH Policy Notice Clarifying the Format of the Research Strategy Section for Restructured Applications
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Peer Review Policies & Practices
- NIH Policy Notice Amending the Policy on Submission of Late Grant Application Materials
- Details of Application Changes for Fellowships
- Funding Opportunities and Notices (Subscribe to Weekly Updates Here)
- The Career Development Institute for Psychiatry: An Innovative, Longitudinal Program for Physician-Scientists
David J. Kupfer, MD, Alan F. Schatzberg, MD, Victoria J. Grochocinski, PhD, Leslie O. Dunn, MS, Katherine A. Kelley, Ruth M. O'Hara, PhD
- Training Future Generations of Mental Health Researchers
Charles F. Reynolds III, MD, Paul A. Pilkonis, PhD, David J. Kupfer, MD, Leslie O. Dunn, MPH, Harold A. Pincus, MD
- Recruiting and Retaining Future Generations of Physician Scientists in Mental Health
David J. Kupfer, MD, Steven E. Hyman, MD, Alan F. Schatzberg, MD, Harold A. Pincus, MD, Charles F. Reynolds III, MD
- Summer Research Institute
Maureen C. Halpain, MS, Dilip V. Jeste, MD, Ira R. Katz, MD, PhD, Charles F. Reynolds III, MD, Gary W. Small, MD, Soo Borson, MD, Barry D. Lebowtiz, PhD
- The First Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Psychiatry
Maureen C. Halpain, MS, Dilip V. Jeste, MD, Ira R. Katz, MD, PhD, Barry D. Lebowitz, PhD
- Health Industry Practices That Create Conflicts of Interest
Troyen A. Brennan, MD, MPH, David J. Rothman, PhD, Linda Blank, David Blumenthal, MD, MPP, Susan C. Chimonas, PhD, Jordan J. Cohen, MD, Janlori Goldman, JD, Jerome P. Kassirer, MD, Harry Kimball, MD, James Naughton, MD, Neil Smelser, PhD
- Financial Conflicts of Interest in Physicians' Relationships with the Pharmaceutical Industry - Self-Regulation in the Shadow of Federal Prosecution
David M. Studdert, LLB, ScD, MPH, Michelle M. Mello, JD, PhD, MPhil, Troyen A. Brennan, MD, JD, MPH
- Applying for NIH Grants
Paul A. Pilkonis, PhD, Jill M. Cyranowski, PhD
- An Evidence-Based Guide to Writing Grant Proposals for Clinical Research
Sharon K. Inouye, MD, MPH, David A. Fiellin, MD